Friday, November 12, 2010

Starting again...

So it all started in Shanghai in 1927, well ok it started some 18 years ago for me, when I had the chance to see the biopic of the aforementioned birth date of a certain Jacques Mayol, born in 1927. A rivalry in the 50's with Enzo Maiorca seen above with Jacques is what the biopic was based on and the focus and determination of the two men especially Jacques not only captured but has always fascinated me. Although the former  is my namesake, thats about where the similarity ends. Inspired by Mayol, the reality of experiencing freediving and the art of apnea had to wait till 2010. Why 2010? Who knows, but when the times right, it's right!

So the time had come and before there was going to be any breath-ups or freediving I had to get fit.So the training started and the end result of the two months training was a inguinal hernia. Not great, but such is life. A small op and 8 weeks rest and voila......I mean whats another 8 weeks anyway, who's counting...

Welcome to "My Personal Blue"...

No comments:

Post a Comment